One of the great new features available in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS0 is its support of LDAP authorization. SAP also takes that a step further in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS3 by also adding support for LDAP authentication with automated user provisioning. With this in mind, one could now state that SAP HANA supports LDAP in the enterprise environment. However, closer inspection of the evolution of its LDAP capabilities in required. Because SAP HANA’s LDAP support evolved from authorization to authentication and provisioning in later versions, the setup can get a little confusing. In many ways the components of authorization and authentication can each operate independently. However, using both together is the most practical approach. With that in mind, lets look at authorization, authentication and user provisioning each in more detail. I will also conclude with an example setup using SQL commands.
- How SAP S/4HANA Finance Simplifies ERP Challenges for Manufacturing and Distribution Clients
- Move Over, Excel! Insights on Implementing SAP Audit Management
- 3 Critical Deployment, Implementation Decisions on the S/4HANA Journey
- Lessons Learned During an SAP Risk Management Implementation
- SAP Analytics Cloud Planning and Group Reporting are the Next Generation of Planning and Consolidation